Outside UK phone +44 1355 587163
There are many reasons why organisation’s have focused towards utilising height adjustable electric furniture as means to a more ergonomic workplace.
Workstation Design Principles
• Make the workstation adjustable, enabling both small and large persons to fit comfortably and / or reach materials easily.
• Avoid static loads, fixed work postures and job requirements in which operators must frequently, or for long periods lean to front or side; hold a limb in a bent or extended position; tilt the head forward more that fifteen degrees; support the body’s weight with one leg.
• Set the work surface above elbow height for tasks involving fine visual details and below elbow height for tasks requiring downward forces and heavy physical effort.
• Allow workers, at their discretion, to alternate between sitting and standing.
• Provide floor mats or padded surfaces for prolonged sitting.
• Design the primary work area so that arm movements or extensions more than 40cm are minimized.
• Provide dials and displays that are simply, logical, easy to read, reach and operate.
Advantages to the employee of electric furniture are:
• Fewer chronic problems.
• Improved working environment.
• Avoidance of monotonous postures.
• Activation of heart, circulation and the intestinal system.
• Prevention of muscle inactivity.
• Circulation of the disc tissue.
• Comfortable working posture.
• Better comfort = higher degree of satisfaction.
Advantages to the company of electric furniture are:
• Increased motivation and job satisfaction.
• Increased performance and efficiency.
• Long-term decrease of absenteeism due to illness.
• Increased product and service quality.
• Improved internal communication and cooperation.
• Image upgrade for the company.
• Falling failure rate.
• Cost optimisation by means of desk sharing.
• A more dynamic and efficient working style.
By utilising the world leader in electrical linear movement, LINAK, in your designs we can offer you the solution you require,
Please contact us by clicking here or phoning on 01355 587163.